Saturday 23 July 2011

Settling in @ home

We get the keys to our new apartment in 6 days and I am really looking forward to it. The place is huge, it’s 85m2 (our last apartment in Oulu was 65m2 and the one in Szeged was just over 50 and only one bedroom so I was a bit concerned how we were going to fill it. Based on the last week though I don’t think we will have any trouble. We took a trip to the recycling centre, spent 60€ on furniture (including delivery and got 3 beds (one double, single and one loft bed for Lily), a writing desk for Lily, a cute little telephone table, a shelf unit, a bunch of lamps (since all the student housing in Oulu now come without light fittings). There may have been other things, I can’t remember, we will see when the stuff gets delivered next week. 

We have also rescued a chair and a sofa bed from the bin. The chair reminds me of the one in van Gogh's bedroom and the sofa bed seems to be more comfortable than the one we spent all year sleeping on in Szeged. With a good clean and a little bit of gluing both of them will be perfect.

I am still on the hunt for some dining chairs though, we only have 3 and we are now 4 people and we like to have people over to eat often. One of the neighbours has 2 chairs identical to the ones we already have but is using them as garden chairs. You can’t believe how tempted I am to steal them in the middle of the night. I am considering offering to buy them but then that would completely eliminate the possibility for night time burglary.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...